Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Two Days Until Los Angeles, CA


It's raining right now.  It was supposed to be ice according the Planet Earth's team of meteorologists.....regardless, it is a cold clammy day.  
This time on Thursday I'll be somewhere in the atmosphere traveling faster than my mind can comprehend, heading towards the Pacific Ocean.
It's been a whirlwind the past month or so.  Having had shipped my bicycle and BOB trailer out to Los Angeles via Amtrak (which I highly recommend), finishing up my first travel nursing gig at Georgetown Univ Hospital, and getting married on a last minute whim on New Year's Eve up ontop of Buck's Elbow Mountain....and now this trip is approaching, and quickly.
Mixed feelings to say the very least.  A lot of nervousness (Which planning the wedding last minute helped smolder for the time being), a whole lot of unknown, and a lot of thinking back about my first XC bike trip on the TransAm bike route.  I keep reflecting back to random points during that trip and know that that trip was unique in itself and it won't be until a couple months from now 'til I'll be able to sit back and think this trip over in my mind....

Looking forward to the, hopefully, warmer weather of the west coast....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael,
First, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You and Loretta look beautiful and happy. It feels wonderful to congratulate a couple so clearly meant to be together. I wish you a future filled with love, happiness and adventure (inner and outer).

Second, I am really excited for you and I cant wait to read about another amazing trip. Happy trails!

Finally, Nicky misses you. He is STILL disappointed that we did not make it down to VA this summer. He really wanted to see you and Chris and keeps making me promise that we will go again ("but NOT in grandads car").

Love, Dorine and Nicky

Andrew Jasper said...

are you kidding me?!?! and no invitation!!!

congratulations buddy. i'll never let you live this down though...good luck gettin started.

Mom said...

Well! I had absolutely NO idea that the wedding took place! WOW! Congratulations to you and Loretta.